Thursday, February 5, 2009

Etta James declares war on Obama and Beyonce


I didn't think it was possible but apparently not everybody loves President Obama, and Beyonce. Blues, R&B, soul and jazz superstar Etta James is livid about Beyonce singing her song "At Last" to Obama and Michelle at their Inauguration Ball. She tore into both of them at a recent concert claiming that Obama was your President, not hers, and that she was going to kick Beyonce's ass. Here's what she had to say about the both of them:
"I tell you that woman he had singing for him, singing my song, she gonna get her ass whupped"

"I can't stand Beyoncé... [she] had no business ... singing my song that I been singing forever."

"You know your President, right? You know the one with the big ears? He ain't my President."


Click here to listen to it for yourself.

Etta James Wants To Kill Beyonce (Bunny with Fangs)
Beyonce Slammed By Etta James For Singing 'At Last' At Inaugural Ball (MTV)
James vs. Beyonce: 'At Last,' The Catfight You Knew Was Coming (Entertainment Weekly)

Happier days?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like Etta might be jealous of Beyonce's face time with the new Prez