Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Obama speaking out of both sides of his mouth ... pt. 2

On supporting a single-payer health care system.

Here's Obama then:

I happen to be a proponent of a single payer universal health care program. I see no reason why the United States of America, the wealthiest country in the history of the world, spending 14 percent of its Gross National Product on health care cannot provide basic health insurance to everybody. And that’s what Jim is talking about when he says everybody in, nobody out. A single payer health care plan, a universal health care plan. And that’s what I’d like to see. But as all of you know, we may not get there immediately. Because first we have to take back the White House, we have to take back the Senate, and we have to take back the House.


Here's Obama now:

“I have not said that I was a single-payer supporter … I believe it would be too disruptive.”


Pretty soon President Obama is going to set about to destroy the Internet like he's destroying the Constitution.

No comments: